Monday, June 6, 2011

I had a great summer weekend filled with bike riding, yummy ice cream from Treat Dreams, and my personal favorite: searching for treasures for the house!

First stop: The Royal Oak Flea Market
I love embroidered pictures, and I hit the jackpot this weekend. This owl has such delicate embroidery it almost looks like its drawn. Love it!

This piece had a little more wear and tear to it, but at $4 I couldn't resist. While I love all embroidery, I'm a sucker for anything nautical. 

I found this beautiful vintage Vera dishtowel for $2! I'm thinking about turning it into a pillow. 

I also found four vintage photographs for my photo wall. 

I've had my eye on these vintage apothecary jars from Belgium since The Rust Belt first opened. I love the dark amber color, and the shape. They are currently living in the dining room...for now. :)

I've also been admiring these gorgeous mineral pillows from Salt Labs. I had the chance to meet the designer and was pleased to hear that her favorite pillows are the mineral pillows as well!

 I've been searching for some throw pillows for all rooms of the house, and these are so well-crafted and locally made. Make sure to check out her website, she has a great selection!

Keeping the embroidery trend going, I also picked up this gorgeous deer from Featherheart Trading Co, one of my favorite vendors at the Rust Belt. She has a great collection of vintage clothing and home accessories as well as natural body products. 

Speaking of The Rust Belt, check back soon for an Arden Park update and the pottery I'm obsessed with!

No comments:

Post a Comment