Sunday, December 19, 2010

I want a new kitchen! Don't get me wrong, it's a great size with tons of custom cabinets and lots of counter space, but if I thought the investment would be worth it, and I had the funds, I would demolish the whole thing and start over.

First I would introduce more open shelving to the space. In fact when we first moved in, I actually took off some of the cabinet doors to try to create the illusion of open shelving, but it looked strange, and the doors went back on. I love the idea of having all my serving pieces and vintage collections out in the open.





Next, new countertops...butcher block, please.




I would keep my current cabinets, just change the color to light grey.




Then we need new flooring (light in color, material undecided), industrial brass light fixtures, and a vintage kitchen island. Then, while we're at it, we might as well throw in a Smeg, a farmhouse sink, and a new gas stove, I still haven't gotten the hang of electric!

No comments:

Post a Comment